Saturday, November 29, 2008

If You'd Like Your Children to Learn the Fine Art of Dinner Conversation, Please RSVP

Sometimes a song will get stuck in your head. Why is it when this happens it's never a song you like? It's always some incredibly irritating jingle that just goes round and round and round until you're ready to perform your own frontal lobotomy. With the nearest pair of eyebrow tweezers. This time it was after watching Yo Gabba Gabba with Girl-Child, the song was "Don't Bite Your Friends". And no, I'm not kidding. Click at your own risk:



So the children and I spent the rest of the day making up words to the song. Some of our versions included:

  • Don't, don't, don't drop your baby
  • Don't, don't, don't lick your friends
  • Don't, don't, don't suck your toe
  • Don't, don't, don't smell your farts (you knew that one was coming)
  • Don't, don't, don't rub your butt (and that one too)
  • Don't, don't, don't eat your hair
  • ... smell your elbow
  • ... bite your face
  • ... touch your wedgie
  • ... shock the monkey
  • ... talk to shoes
  • ... shave your yak
Over dinner, Boy-Child#1 meant to ask me how my day was...except...

Boy-Child#1: How was your life?
Me: Why, am I dead?
Boy-Child#1: Yes. And this is heaven.
Me: So in heaven we sit around eating Italian take out talking about how we don't, don't, don't lick our butts?
Boy-Child#1: Exactly.

17 comments:

Timi said...

LOL
Love conversations with kids. It's usually a good laugh.

Jennifer S said...

It's exactly like finishing school. You're taking applications, I hope.

JCK said...

I love the fun at your house.

Badness Jones said...

Love it! But can't stand the yo gabba gabba jingles that get stuck in my head. I'm sorry that you're likewise afflicted!

hokgardner said...

This is exactly why I have banned Yo Gabba Gabba from our house. It has joined The Wiggles on the forbidden list.

Anonymous said...

It's a funny thing, perspective. That same song and many of those same lyrics contribute very very much to the Exile definition of "Oh my hell."

derfina said...

Awww...And I was just fixing to shave my yak!

Tootsie said...

kids are something else...and some of the shows...dont' get me started....
I have a song like that stuck in my head this week...it is making me crazy...no matter how I try, I can't get rid of the darned thing...as I vacuum, drive, cook supper, anyting..it is there...like a really bad smell....lol

Manic Mommy said...

Manic Mommy happily accepts your kind invitation to attend etiquette 101.

...Don't, don't, don't screech at your brother...

Nil Zed said...

I'm currently on a computer with no speakers (I'll unpack them someday, I think they are in the garage...) so I can only hope all of this is to the tune of "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" a fine Doris Day movie and song.

Angie said...

That's a good way to really get those songs stuck in your head!

Just love good conversations with kids....you just never know where it will end up:)

Anonymous said...

17yo says, "That was just bad."
Me, I'm ROTFL. And is it just me, or does that tall orange dude look like he's a certain anatomical part?

katydidnot said...

so? how was your life?

Indy said...

We can't stop singing the new Beyonce song. It is killing us. Have you heard "Put a Ring On it?" Oh man.

Saucy said...

I must be old or something, I have no idea who Yo Gabba Gabba is! For that I think I am to be thankful.

Anonymous said...

I LOLed at Boy Child!!

Womandriver2@gmail.com said...

My grandson watches this show and my daughter tells me how much he loves it. Hubby and I have a baby due and May and after watching that clip I will be blocking that show from my TV. Now, if I can just find the shows on DVD my older kids watched when they were kids I'll do just fine.