Saturday, October 20, 2007

Matte Attack

When it comes to fashion, all things make a comeback; they just get tweaked and "modernized" a bit. Currently leggings, tunics, and cowl necked sweaters have returned...fortunately shoulder-ma-pads didn't make the cut. Whew! Truth be told, if you'd just held on to some of your high school wardrobe, you could get away with wearing it today. Well, matte is back and I've never been a fan of matte. I am digging in my heels and protesting by sticking to my tried and true lip gloss. One of my favorite drug store finds is Cover Girl Wet Slicks lip gloss in Iced Berry (nude with a slight hint of mauve) and Wine Shine...the best nude evahhhh...don't let the dark shade in the tube fool you. They're long lasting and have just a hint of shimmer; not so much that it looks like you ate a glitter sandwich for lunch. Cheap, attractive, and decidedly anti-matte.

1 comment:

1blueshi1 said...

ooh! will have to try--also I recommend Cover Girl LipSlick in Daring, I got that rec off Nothing But Bonfires and it is PERFECT for those no makeup makeup days. Plus can be applied w/o a mirror.