Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Excuses...Excuses...

Most women that I run across who admit that they don't workout use one of two excuses; they either "don't have time" or "hate working out". Well heck, I'm not crazy about working out either but I do "work" it into my schedule and to avoid the "hate it" pitfall, I make something that I enjoy part of my routine. Three times a week I attend dance classes. We start the first half hour with stretching, push ups, sit ups, lunges, some pilates, and throw in some good ol' fashioned Jane Fonda "stuff". The second half hour is non-stop dance! We learn a new hip-hop/jazz routine every Monday and by Friday we can do it in our sleep. I'm a dripping, sweaty mess by the time I leave; and if I'm feeling particularly energized and motivated, I'll walk to the class and back home again. Of course, this always sounds better on the way there than it does on the way home!

If you "don't have the time", trust me, some kind of exercise can be worked into an hour of your day. If you don't have time to leave the house (or can't because of daycare and such), pop in a workout DVD when the kids are in bed, or early in the morning (whatever your schedule allows) for your cardio and then add using some free weights into your nightly "getting ready for bed" ritual. Just think, "wash face, brush teeth, tone arms"...it doesn't take long to see results from those little hand weights if you are consistent.

Now stop making excuses!!! Get out there and get fabulous!

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But I don't have time! And I hate working out!

Hehe :D

Tootsie Farklepants said...

You can afford it, you're young. Just wait. You'll suddenly find time and motivation...muwahahaha!