Friday, January 25, 2008

I Lost The Sheriff...And I Did It With The Irony

Boy-Child#1 had a minimum day today. For those who are interested, it's still raining here. Which means that everyone was picking their kids up. Which means that there were an assload of cars in the pick up lane at school. And I? Pulled into the adjacent park to wait. Because this is where I told Boy-Child#1 I would be. You're also? Not really supposed to park in the specific area I was parked. Today of all days, the sheriffs department decided to send their little parking patrol vehicle around. In the pouring rain. He rolls up next to me.

Me: (rolling down my window letting in a waterfall and blinking against the storm attacking my face, especially the eyes) What?
Sheriff: (pointing to no parking sign) This is a fire lane.
Me: (looking up at the sky) Are you serious?
Sheriff: ------

Okay, he didn't say anything else. He WAS serious. But the whole thing was kind of ironic.

11 comments:

JCK said...

I'm surprised you didn't say he pulled up in a boat! This rain is INSANE isn't it? And POOR you, you who doesn't like to get hair wet. This is a virtual nightmare. Should I send towels?

What I love about you. Your posts are always so honest. :)

ALF said...

If it's raining in California does that mean it will start snowing here in Nevada soon??? Send it our way!

Mrs. G. said...

I hate that kind of silence. It's so unpleasant.

Suburban Correspondent said...

So nice to know that another mother was chatting with a police officer today....

Karen said...

At least he let you off easy. The last time we were parked, um, where we should be we were ticketed nigh unto death. And then fined for not paying the ticket that was never mailed to us in the first place.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

JCK~ Yes please! Super absorbent.

alf~ You can have it! I'm done.

mrs. g~ He didn't think I was remotely funny.

suburbancorrespondent~ Ruh-roh! Details...

karen~ I can't even discuss unpaid tickets right now. :)

Karen said...

Oh, Tootsie, sorry to have brought that up. I'd momentarily forgotten.

Ours was not the case though. We were never handed a ticket, it was supposedly mailed to us. Never received that, but did receive a late notice on it that was more than the ticket originally was. We fought, we won. 'Nuff said.

Jennifer S said...

Was he impervious to flirtation? (Since your reasonable stare-at-the-sky defense didn't work.) The bastard.

junglemama said...

Of all days!

Betsy said...

That's funny, I spent the weekend in Southern California (okay, Disneyland) and it was beautiful! Of course, I'm comparing this to Colorado.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I laughed at loud. By myself.