Saturday, January 19, 2008

Open Letter To A Certain Someone Who Lives In My House

Dear Light of My Life,

When important papers pertaining to your vehicle arrive in the mail, and I briefly explain to you that said documents either need to be applied to and/or stored in aforementioned vehicle; I understand that all you hear is...white noise. I also expect that you'll do these things, never. And I've so been there done that with peeling the registration sticker off of paper and applying it to the license plate. It can be a real bitch what with all of that lifting and sticking. It's all very preschool and so beneath you us. I'm also equally aware of how taxing it can be to open one's wallet and insert a proof of insurance card. I'm sympathetic to this burden that resulted in your ticket for failure to prove you do, in fact, carry car insurance. What was UNexpected, however, was the bill from the court because you were equally put out to settle the matter in any timely fashion whatsoever. A bill that is equal to, not only a new sofa, but an impromptu ticket to France BITTER MUCH?. A waste of money so great, I can only illustrate its wastefulness by mentioning that we might have purchased the sofa and plane ticket, brought them home, placed them in the driveway just so, and set them both on fire. You've left me no choice but to nag you incessantly until this matter is resolved. I thank you in advance for your lack of patience and complete misunderstanding understanding.

Not So Cordially Yours,

Mrs. Farklepants

11 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sorry. Ouch. Men.

Gen said...

Luv them mens. :-)

Madame Queen said...

Oh no he dint! I think he should have to buy you a ticket to France as extra punishment -- wait! that didn't come out right at all. What I meant was that if has so much extra cash laying around then he can CERTAINLY afford a plane ticket to France. That's what I MEANT to say.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!

All totally out of your control. :-)

I would go ahead and buy the couch anyways and let him pay for it. :-)

Texasholly said...

owwww. so sorry.

ALF said...

oh man! That stinks. Look at it this way...at least you husband didn't just tell you that he's sorry he married you...

JCK said...

Do you live in MY house? That's what I want to know. We must be chanelling the same men. Very funny!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Madame Queen~ Agreed!

Sea~ Totally! This will not stop me.

ALF~ True. There is that.

JCK~ I think I do!

Allison said...

There seems to be a trend of this. The sticker for Andrew's car has been sitting on the table for I'm not sure how long now and he still insists he is going to take care of it. Yeah sure he is.

aaryn b. said...

TICKET TO FRANCE?!?!
Have you considered a legal separation???

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

LOL! You would make a great lawyer.