Saturday, June 28, 2008

Santa Barbara Revisited

"Boy-Child#2 didn't like the maraschino cherry from his drink AT ALL. Can you tell?" ~ Dorothy Z.

Not only am I snatching pics from my sister that she took of our trip to Santa Barbara, but I'm also stealing her quotes. I love this picture. Boy-Child#2 is a ham and is always mugging for the camera [I've seriously considered getting him into television and movies because he's a natural. He just doesn't take direction very well but maybe that's just from me]; but this photo catches him when no one is looking and the genuine expression on his face sent me straight to the floor laughing. It's like he just ate something that tasted like feet. Which, coincidentally, is the same face he made when he took his first bite of sushi.

17 comments:

stephanie said...

We call this face "eating a poop sandwich."

It is definitely a falling to the floor laughing gem. Give him more!

smalltownme said...

Funny! My son must be the only child in the world who actually likes maraschino cherries.

katydidnot said...

fake cherries. urgh. i'm with boy child #2.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You've gotta love a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Jennifer S said...

The boy has a point about sushi.

Glennis said...

How funny!!

Anonymous said...

How about the caption for what his mother is thinking, "I gave up all taste responsibility once he gave up the boob."

Your Pal Pinki said...

My kids and nephews all love those cherrys. I couldn't get enough of them when I was a kid. My daughter can even tie a stem in her mouth, or so she says.

Swirl Girl said...

Had you not told me that it was a red dye #2 cherry....(in which I can't blame him for not liking either)...I first thought it was that he just found out there was not Easter Bunny.

signed, Santa Claus

Karen said...

I love that she caught that exact moment in time. What a face!

~Swankymama said...

That is priceless!

My kids are weird. They LOVE sushi!

dkuroiwa said...

Great "kodak moment", ya got there! and one that I agree with...ooh...maraschino cherries...no...uh-uh...NOT!

So...have you ever been mistaken for Lisa Kurdrow? 'Cause I'm thinking...at a glance...when the lights are low (and the "girls" are 'out there')...after a shot of tequila or two (by the person looking...or maybe you...whichever!)...you ARE Phoebe!!
i'm just saying.....

JCK said...

That face could make some major buckaroos in the movies!

We're off to Santa Barbara for the day tomorrow! :)

calicobebop said...

Priceless. I hope you break that one out for his future prom date!

Threeundertwo said...

Hilarious! Great timing getting that shot!

Marmarbug said...

I am loving that face.

Wineplz said...

those are some of the best kind of pics!