Saturday, August 23, 2008

Load Up on Caffeine so You Don't Fall Asleep Before #6

What? Me quirky?!?


Sunangel tagged me with a six uninteresting things about me meme. Just in time too because I can't put two words together this weekend to create a decent blog post. Fortunately I've already got something in the queue for Monday. This was just the boost I needed to pry myself off the couch because seriously I'm about over the Olympics already yet still curiously drawn to them.

The rules:

  • Link the person who tagged you
  • Mention the rules on your blog
  • Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
  • Tag 6 bloggers by linking them & leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they have been tagged.


  1. I have to clean up the kitchen after a meal. I cannot stand for there to be dirty dishes and pots and pans. Or even a glass on the counter. My dishwasher is always full of either clean or dirty dishes. It's rarely empty. In contrast...
  2. There are several piles of papers in various parts of my house. The island in the kitchen is a popular place for catching mail and school related memos. And the kids drawings. And things to be shredded. Seriously, if banks would stop sending 3 to 5 credit card offers to us a day (EACH DAY!) they would save themselves so much money.
  3. I don't read credit card offers. I don't even open them. They are destroyed and discarded. Usually months after they're received; hence the piles of papers.
  4. I rock back and forth when applying my makeup. This probably counts more as "quirky" rather than "uninteresting". No. It's both. I lean towards the mirror to apply. I lean back to inspect. Lean forward for closer inspection. I'm sure it would appear odd to anyone who might be studying my makeup application rituals. At least I don't open my mouth in that "O" shape during the mascara process.
  5. My right leg is longer than my left. By about 1/2 and inch. Which isn't noticeable until I wear long pants. It's the main reason I avoid jeans that hit at the ankle and kiss the ground that boot cut jeans walk on. They're notoriously long.
  6. My knees grind when I walk up stairs. And when it is very quiet in the house they are very loud. And creaky. And freak people out (I'm looking at you my two sisters!).
Now, I'm supposed to tag six others with this meme but I've seen this particular one going around quite a bit this week. So I'm not tagging anyone in particular. If you're like me and clogged for fodder, have at it and tell people I tagged you. I'll vouch for ya.

In other news:



MEKHISMOM from Cutie Booty Cakes passed on this Brillante Blogger award to me! Since I just recently passed this award on to others, I will selfishly simply accept it and shout out: Thank you, Renee!!

Enjoy what's left of your weekend peeps! Peace out.

*photo by Dorothy Z.

20 comments:

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

Hmm..the rocking things is interesting. I don't do the "O" but I do induce more wrinkles with the various contortions that spontaneously appears.

O'Neal (The Woman In Charge Around Here) said...

I CAN NOT let any dishes stay in my sink, on my counters, on the stove... Literally I am putting away food before people are even done eating! I wash all the cooking pans before I serve the meal. It actually works out nicely cleaning as you cook = less mess. The sink? I hate to want to wash something and have no room because of dishes. And we have LOTS of washing here. I don't blame my OCD at all.
I remember spending the night with a girl in junior high, and her mother LEAVING all the dinner mess in the kitchen and on the table overnight. FREAKED me out!

O'Neal (The Woman In Charge Around Here) said...

Oh, and I the only weirdo that puts on twice as much makeup than I actually leave the house in? After applying, I wipe most of it off for a barely there effect!

Glennis said...

god, I totally have the grinding knees thing!

The sink? sadly, no - I can let 'em sit but only until they accumulate higher than the counter's edge - then I have to wash them.....I guess I'm just compulsive in that way....;-)

Makeup application's a bitch once you find you need reading glasses. You ever wonder why some old ladies' eyeliner looks so weird? It's cause you can't see to put it on anymore. It's hard to line eyes behind glasses - or else to line them when you can't see them. So I've pretty much abandoned it except for special occasions.

Threeundertwo said...

I don't have a single paper out of place in my house, but there is always one pot "soaking" in the sink.

And I think it's breaking some sort of rule not to make that "O" with your mouth.

(And I would have held the melon halves differently, in a wishful-thinking sort of way. . .)

Madame Queen said...

What I want to know is HOW do you keep from making the "o" while applying mascara?!? I think it's physically impossible for me to do!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You, me and the kitchen thing? Same.

Anonymous said...

Tootsie, Go to OptOutPrescreen.com

There, you can register to not get any more credit card solicitations in the mail. It saves your counter, saves the companies some money, and best of all, saves some trees!

It isn't 100% perfect, but my credit card offers went from 5 or more a day, down to maybe one every couple of weeks. I think you may need to update it every few years, since the companies keep buying mailing lists from catalogs, etc.

Swirl Girl said...

I would say other than the thing about the shorter leg - your quirks are fairly normal. If you said one boob was bigger than the other...well, than you'd be at 100% normal.

I rock when I blow dry too.

Unknown said...

My back always hurts after putting on my make up. Because my back is weird and I sit awkwardly when applying. I totally get it.

Yeah, your knees do freak us out!

Jennifer S said...

My knees do that, too! And my right leg is a bit longer...It's like we're sisters. Except you got the better metabolism genes. Oh, and the one that keeps the kitchen clean. (Greedy girl.)

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

My knees do a squishy poppy cracky thing but only when I go DOWN the stairs. What's THAT about?

Anonymous said...

I am a "snap crackle pop" girl on stairs too. And getting out of bed. And standing up. But anyway, the rocking thing is kind of unique!

Loralee Choate said...

I've prayed to be the kind of person that MUST clean up after a meal.

I don't think it's going to be happening any time soon, though. Dammit.

MamaHen Em said...

I laughed at you rocking back and forth while applying makeup. I rock back and forth while standing or sitting and I am not holding a baby while doing so. In fact, I'm rocking right now. I seem to be unable to stop. rocking.

Manic Mommy said...

My knees and ankles crack! I should be on a waiting list for new parts at 50.

I put my makeup on almost exclusively in the car. So much so that I leave my free Clinique makeup bag on the passenger's seat.

JCK said...

I like those watermelon eyes.

Too funny on the knee creaks. Maybe you could tape it for Halloween spook house noises...

Sugar Jones said...

Hah! Well, I actually did get one of these on the Up & Up... so now am I going to get some people linking from me to you and then see that there was an off chance that I might have come by this one on the Down Low? Ick...

So if anybody I know sees this... I swear mine is not fake. It's not even perky!

Lovin' this blog. You are as funny as your tweets.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Love that shot! You're super cute.

(Yes, super cute. I'm tired and the words just aren't coming. Sentiment remains.)

Britt said...

hey i just had the misfortune of this same tag. i feel you with th dishwasher and the kitchen clutter.

i don't make the open mouth face while applying mascara, (mainly because i never have time to do so), but can't stop making it when feeding the baby.