Monday, September 17, 2007

Skin Care Tip #1

Wash your face every night before bed, without fail. I don't care if you didn't wear makeup that day or are too drunk to function properly...wash your face! Every woman needs a beauty regime and it all starts with a clean face. My nightly routine includes the following products; all of which are affordable and easy to acquire:

1.Start with warm water and a washcloth cleaning entire face
2.Follow with Proactiv Renewing Cleanser gently scrub with your fingers and water
3.Rinse
4.Dry
5.Remove any remaining eye makeup with a tissue and Lubriderm lotion (yep, Lubriderm)
6.Cover entire face and neck area with Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisture Cream (start this when you're 20!)
7.Don't forget your lips! A liberal dose of Carmex should do the trick.

I started using Proactiv after a sudden bout of early thirties mild acne. The Garnier cream works wonders and once you become immune to the overwhelming perfume scent, you're good to go! After years of searching for the perfect lip balm, I was surprised to learn that good ol' fashioned Carmex (yep, the one for cold sores) worked better than any high end (or even low end) lip moisturizer I'd ever tried.

I get compliments on my skin all the time! Even from professionals. The above is just my advice...take it or leave it. You'll be happier if you take it.

No comments: