Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Shave and a Haircut Two Bits

Boy-Child#2 was in desperate need of a haircut. He was becoming quite unkempt. After my last of many visits as a customer in a particular local hair salon that, according to the name of their establishment, specialize in Kidz (yes, the "z" is intentional) hair; I vowed never to return as I chocked back tears whilst I gazed upon my son's butchered do. Seriously, I could have done a better job myself in my own kitchen. With dull scissors. With my right hand tied behind my back. And blindfolded. It's been that bad. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've returned there as many times as I have; only to mutter to myself each time "I don't know why I keep coming back here". Maybe it's that I'm hopeful that they'll live up to their title of "we do Kidz hair". They used to be super. Great big thumbs up! But apparently it was just the particular woman that was super and she no longer is employed there. And also apparently they've replaced her with someone whose job interview I imagine went something like this:

Place That Does Kidz Hair: What is your experience?
Hairdresser That Sucks: None.
Place That Does Kidz Hair: What talent do you possess to cut a child's hair?
Hairdresser That Sucks: None.
Place That Does Kidz Hair: Are you any good?
Hairdresser That Sucks: No.
Place That Does Kidz Hair: You're hired! You start today. Here are some scissors and a child. Godspeed.

So, with my child looking frumpy, and my unwillingness to let him be their guinea pig even one more time; I remembered that my own mother used to trot my bro down to the good ol' fashioned barber shop. And as luck would have it, in an "in your face" kinda way, there is one located just next door to place that I'll never set foot in again. I admit, there wasn't the little old man that I expected who may have offered to also give my seven year old son a close shave with a straight edge and shine his shoes when all was said and done. Instead, the gentleman resembled a gangsta and was covered in tattoos, but damn skippy if he didn't do a great job! Boyz got skilllzzz.

No comments: