Sometimes a song will get stuck in your head. Why is it when this happens it's never a song you like? It's always some incredibly irritating jingle that just goes round and round and round until you're ready to perform your own frontal lobotomy. With the nearest pair of eyebrow tweezers. This time it was after watching Yo Gabba Gabba with Girl-Child, the song was "Don't Bite Your Friends". And no, I'm not kidding. Click at your own risk:
So the children and I spent the rest of the day making up words to the song. Some of our versions included:
- Don't, don't, don't drop your baby
- Don't, don't, don't lick your friends
- Don't, don't, don't suck your toe
- Don't, don't, don't smell your farts (you knew that one was coming)
- Don't, don't, don't rub your butt (and that one too)
- Don't, don't, don't eat your hair
- ... smell your elbow
- ... bite your face
- ... touch your wedgie
- ... shock the monkey
- ... talk to shoes
- ... shave your yak
Boy-Child#1: How was your life?
Me: Why, am I dead?
Boy-Child#1: Yes. And this is heaven.
Me: So in heaven we sit around eating Italian take out talking about how we don't, don't, don't lick our butts?