Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bedtime Exchange

Tootsie: Where's your jammies?
Girl-Child: Right here!
Tootsie: Do you need to go potty first?
Girl-Child: Nope! (so confident!)
Tootsie: Are you sure?
Girl-Child: Nope! (she's not sure how to answer a "sure" question yet)
Tootsie: Okay.
Girl-Child gets into bed after our coordinated "I'll fluff the pillows while you pull back the blankets and tuck me in" gold medal winning routine.
Tootsie: Who do you want to sleep with tonight? (eyes ridiculous amount of stuffed animals and characters who reside at the end of Girl-Child's bed). She giggles.
Tootsie: Nemo? (she shakes her head)
Tootsie: Spongebob? No, Patrick?, wait, Tigger...(really this goes on for a while)
Girl-Child: How 'bout Meeemo (this means Nemo and you'll note, was my first suggestion)
Tootsie: I love you.
Girl-Child: I love you too!
Ritual of kisses, hugs, tucking, kissing of the Nemo, and more hugs and kisses.
Tootsie: Aaaannnd...you don't need to go potty?
Girl-Child: I said no already (clearly exasperated)
Turn out light, leave room, log onto computer and start reading favorite sites.
Girl-Child: Mommy?
Tootsie: Yes, Baby? (wait for it...)
Girl-Child: I need-a-go pee-pee.

Sigh.

2 comments:

josetteplank.com said...

BAH!

Oh yes!

I think it's just a matter of being hyper-literal.

She did NOT have to go potty. But she DID have to go pee-pee.

She will definitely be an attorney, lol.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Yes. I must be very specific. My bad. LOL!