Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It Would Have Been in my Best Interest to Clean my Stove First

**DISCLAIMER: The following is not a paid endorsement of any product or products and it would also behoove you to ignore the grout that needs obvious bleaching and also the filthy stove top that gave this post its "B" rating. Plus, sources say you cannot contract Hepatitis in any letter of the alphabet form from reading a blog post** Ahem...

Friends? Are you a lazy sonofabitch like me? Are you tired of making breakfast in the morning and finding yourself saying things like, "Now I have to put this wooden spoon in the dishwasher" or "Measuring cups baffle me" or "I'd make a big pancake breakfast on a regular basis if it weren't for this mixing bowl that needs washing afterward"? Well, you're in luck! Because now there is this! [Ignore the bowl of eggs for the scrambled egg side dish...a bowl that will need washing because we aren't talking about that. We're ignoring it... moving on....] This is Bisquick Shake 'n Pour! Pancakes in a jug! It is a godsend for the anti-stirrer. You just add a cup and a half of water and shake for 30 seconds. This can also count as your cardio for the day because about 15 seconds in your arm will fatigue and you'll have to switch hands. The instructions also indicate that you should tap the sides for maximum mixing. Note: Do this. Also? Loosen the top afterwards to avoid an explosion. It's chemistry 101, people.


Now that you've finished shaking, simply pour the desired amount. Preferably into a heavy duty non-stick pan like this dilly from Pampered Chef. Now, I've already mentioned that I don't do home parties, but if you're in need of a Pampered Chef item you can either wait until someone throws one [a party that is] or you can visit their website and avoid it [again with the party] altogether. Or? You can do like me and drop hints to your sister in law (who threw one) that you would really like an addition to the set your mother in law already purchased for you and then let your sister in law give it to you for Christmas! Everybody is happy.

When your pancake looks like this (below) it is time to flip the bitch.

I'd say that's about perfect. Please note the cleanliness of the non-stick pan. No butters, sprays, or oils were used in the creation of these pancakes.

Bisquick Shake 'n Pour claims that it will yield 12-15 pancakes. Or in my case: Ten. And now they have butter on them. Because pancakes without butter is like cake without frosting. Wrong.

When your family has had their fill Bisquick Shake 'n Pour pancakes make excellent Scooby Snacks.

She agrees.

I apologize for the blurriness of the last two photos but if you witnessed me trying to aim and shoot with the camera while handing her a pancake without her also eating my hand, you'd understand.

38 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. I laughed. A lot. That was funny. I totally want the shakey pancake thing. 'Tis awesome. PS I'm proud of your picture taking! And I'm glad you still have your hand.

Jennifer S said...

They should give you a Seal of Approval thingie like Good Housekeeping has.

I might have to try this. I wonder if it's too soon to teach a 9 year old boy to make the pancakes he begs for. Probably.

I'm impressed that you made (cough) pancakes and scrambled eggs. It's usually either/or at our house.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you had me at 'behoove', God I love that word and then I lay down and worship you at 'flip that bitch'

I am coming over for pancakes.

1blueshi1 said...

I must confess we make pancakes from scratch 'round these heah pahts...my daughter loves to mix up the batter. We add a LOT of cinnamon, too. And Zac eats all the leftover pancakes, much to the dog's dismay.

Manager Mom said...

Oh... as someone who works in Packaging Innovation I admire Bisquick. But I work for Quaker, so I have to stick to Aunt Jemima.

But you can make me pancakes any day...

Madame Queen said...

Aw man, now I want pancakes.

Marmarbug said...

Awesome. And yes pancakes do make excellent dog snacks!

Burgh Baby said...

Oh, Tootsie, allow me to change your life forever and eliminate like six of the steps. Try this. It's nowhere near as gross as it sounds to spray pancakes into a pan. I swear.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

LOL - I make this pancakes every Sunday. Even better I am teaching my 11 year old how to make them...he loves doing things like this and it's so easy.

Anonymous said...

How did you keep the pancakes warm while you took the beauty shot of them all stacked up?

Amy said...

I'll have to try this - sounds like a great idea.

And while we have a huge 100 lb dog he doesn't get the leftovers. I freeze them and reheat them when the kids want them again in 2 days!

Anonymous said...

Well, I see Burgh Baby beat me to the spray pancake in a can comment. LOL! And they're organic! ROTFLMAO!!! Organic spray pancakes. I laugh every time I see them at Costco! {shudder}

Anonymous said...

love your blog, and your pancakes. haha... I think however I would be most delighted to have someone come to my home and just make the pancakes for me, then clean up and leave. Wouldn't that be the easiest? I dream big I know. In the meantime, I might have to get some of these shake and pour miracles ;)

Anonymous said...

those really are the only parties that I like..cause they feed you..

Unknown said...

Tootsie,
The disclaimer at the top of your post made me look harder at the pictures. Things didn't look bad to me, I didn't even see anything on the stovetop.

I don't think anyone will be calling social services on you yet!

Love the pancake shots you make me want to go make some.

Jason, as himself said...

You almost make me want pancakes. But I already had them once this year...my limit.

scargosun said...

So do you clean the pan out afterwards or wait for it to cool and wipe it with a papertowel...cause I never do that.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My frugality here--I bet if you put some Bisquick--or better yet, Krusteaz from Costco--into any tupperware type container and add water and shake, you'd get the same result.

Of course you wouldn't have gotten the amusing post using my idea!

Suburban Correspondent said...

I think I must be the only person in the entire world who does not like pancakes.

EatPlayLove said...

I have an even better tip. Convince your hubby he makes the world best pancakes (the kids can help with this one). Then you are off the hook from making them, because Daddy does it better!

Swirl Girl said...

Yummm. I'll bring the bacon!

calicobebop said...

Genius! What will they think of next? I'm hoping for inflatable cake.

Maura said...

Burgh Baby beat me to it with her comment. I'm lazier than the whole shaking thing, too.

AGSoccerMom said...

ROFLMAO, MAYBE THE GROUND WAS SHAKING AS YOU WERE TRYING TO TAKE THAT PICTURE. Oh sorry about that I really wasn't yellin'. I didn't feel the quake up here in central cal. But heard y'all felt it.

Nicole said...

My mom found this stuff and was so excited to tell me about it and make it. She's the laziest chef I know so it was a godsend for her. As for me, I prefer the mixing and measuring.

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! I love my breakfast with a few gratious swear words thrown in!! ;)

Marcy Massura said...

This product has long been a pantry staple for me. Basically anything that only require WATER to make an entire meal and can live in my pantry for months...well, lets just say I buy like 3 at a time. Yeah I am that lazy....

Mrs. G. said...

I'd watch your cooking show.

JCK said...

OH, this was great! I could hear the voiceover and everything.

Have you heard about the pancake mix in a spray nozzle? Kind of gives me the heebie jeebies, but friends say ...it is good.

Cookin' Mama said...

LOVED that post. Of course, being that I am an absolute mess in the morning, my hubby makes with the breakfast cheffing. Pre-baby, I sat there and grumbled. Now, I hold said baby and smile...and wait for Husband to finish "flipping that bitch."

Indy said...

Sold! They should give you a commercial. I am so sick of washing all of the dishes. I don't make pancakes for this exact reason. Great idea.

OHmommy said...

You don't realize this.

But you just saved my life.

I know that my kids will go on a hunger strike in Europe. I am soooooo packing this, as we are staying in an apartment.

Shit woman. I love you. You just made me swear.

Anonymous said...

1. I saw this stuff in the cupboard the other day and all I thought was... "genius! someone figured out how to sell a container of pancake mix only 1/4 full!"

2. I don't like pancakes either, can't remember the last time I had them. As near as I can tell TF makes them every single day,

3. I too was in central California today and missed the shaking!

Biscuit said...

I love pancakes, and I love your blog. I have something sparkly and wonderful for you over on my blog. : )

Cynthia said...

Mmmmmmm:P

katydidnot said...

i am so excited about shaking and pouring pancakes. you have no idea. i hate stirring pancake mix.

dkuroiwa said...

I wonder if they carry this particular item at CostCo? And if they do, can I find the space to store it?
As my boys enjoy waking up at the butt crack of frickin' dawn on the weekends and start bothering me for food soon after, this might be something to look into...or at least the "Bisquick in a butter dish and shake" idea from jenn....

I love blogging. You get some great ideas!!

Wineplz said...

our dogs are banned from leftover pancake consumption on account of the immense clouds of noxious gas they emit shortly thereafter. wheat's a bitch on a Boston's lower GI.