With our weekends occupied by birthday parties, soccer games, and birthday parties; and our weekdays runneth over with school and homework, and dinners and baths, and homework, and shuttling, and soccer practice, and some more shuttling and a guitar lesson and a drum lesson and some etcetera... well, this has allowed for some surfaces in the Farklepants household to become catch-alls. For instance, the dining room table caught my purse, a movie poster, two lunch boxes, three backpacks, some homework, an iPod shuffle, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, one dictionary, a half full bottle of water, and various school related memos. The horror.
The island in the kitchen picked up four textbooks, a deck of Spiderman multiplication flashcards, a breast cancer awareness pink wrist band, a deck of go fish cards, two packs of 3x5 index cards, some glittery Hannah Montana shit that was given to Girl-Child by a friend of mine who is currently on notice for said glittery shit and the added insult of Hannah Montana, some cash, some gift cards, birthday cards, The Princess Bride, Legos, two coupons for two weeks free karate lessons, a white board and dry erase markers, and one construction paper candy corn man with accordion appendages. Plus mail.
Not to mention this little project for the master bedroom closet:
Seventy-five Half for me and twenty-five half for Mr. Farklepants is exactly still not nearly enough hangars.
And let us not forget the various home improvement projects that remain
neglected unfinished and/or totally unstarted. Which include but are not limited to:
- Broken fence. You know, the one the dog can get through.
- Dead patch of grass in front yard. You know, the one the homeowners association has sent that second notice about.
- Sliding glass door repair. You know, the one that requires the strength of an adult to open - except my mom - she's not strong enough.
- Bathroom floor replacement. You know, who's the dummy who thought wood was a good idea in a bathroom?
- The boys' bedroom. You know, five years, unfinished drywall ...so...yeah.